Sign Installation/Service Apprentice
Looking for an Apprentice
Signs Plus Inc. of Bellingham, WA is looking to immediately hire a Sign Installation/Service Apprentice looking for a great career in the signage industry. This is a full time position of 40 plus hours a week.
As an apprentice you will be directly supervised by a licensed Journeyman Sign Electrician and will assist with/learn:
- Installation of illuminated signs, channel letters, monuments, pylons, electronic message centers (EMC’s), architectural signage.
- Servicing signs- trouble shooting electrical signs, changing ballast, power supplies, and transformers. Replacing neon, LED’s, acrylic and flex faces, etc.
- Installing vinyl, removal of old vinyl, storefront, pylon and monument installations.
- Installing non-electrical signs such as dimensional stud mounted letters, flat panels, banners, etc.
Industry Training You Will Receive
You will be trained and equipped with both on the job training, as well a classroom/certification programs to earn the following certifications/licenses;
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Class B CDL (Commercial Driver’s License)
- Crane Operator Certification
- Journeyman Sign Electrician License
- Must be looking for long-term employment with a growing company
- Self-motivation and ability to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (primarily day shifts but will occasionally need to perform installations after-hours and on weekends)
- Mechanically inclined
- Light carpentry skills and knowledge of power and hand tools
- General knowledge of the construction field
- Able to lift/carry heavy objects
- Must be okay with working in all types of environments and weather conditions
- Digging holes/trenches for sign installations
- Comfortable working on ladders, lifts, and scaffolding
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Attention to detail, and an eye for consistency
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients when necessary
- Dependable, professional, and solution oriented
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Experience in the signage industry isn’t necessary but is a plus
- Willingness to work 8-10 hours daily and staying over on projects to achieve install date deadlines
- Work in an efficient and safe manner abiding by all company safety policies.
- Quality focused positive attitude
- Must be drug free
- This a full-time position requiring 40 plus hours a week
- Medical/Dental/Vision after required probation period is satisfied
- 401K Benefits package after required probation period is satisfied
- Paid holidays and vacation after required probation period is satisfied
Submit your application/resume in person at;
Signs Plus Inc.
766 Marine Drive
Bellingham, WA 98225
Submit your resume via email at;